𝗝𝗢𝗛𝗡 𝗟𝗢𝗬𝗗 𝗨𝗥𝗦𝗨𝗔 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗠𝗦 𝗩𝗜𝗦𝗔𝗬𝗔𝗡 𝗟𝗘𝗚 𝗥𝗘𝗚𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗟 𝗠𝗨𝗔𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗜 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗠𝗣𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗣

The Visayan Leg Regional Muay Thai Championship, which took place at the Ayala Malls Capitol Activity Center, from July 22 25 featured talents from the region. One standout competitor was John Loyd N. Ursua, a to be third year Bachelor of Science in Criminology student at Northwestern Visayan Colleges. Securing a silver medal in the 48kg senior's 18-40 Elite Elite combat category and a bronze medal in Wai Kru.



Balancing his schedule with intense training Ursuas dedication, to preparing for the competition was truly remarkable. "I put in practice as I could even though I had limited time and had to juggle school and the gym " he explained. His hard work and dedication were evident in his performance although Ursua believed he deserved the gold medal.
Reflecting on his match with Jephteh Jucay from Valladolid, Negros Occidental, Ursua acknowledged the challenge he faced. "I thought I had won but I felt unfairly judged since two of the judges were his head coaches " he expressed. Despite feeling disheartened he maintained an attitude and determination. "I don't want to take from his win. It was a fight. I truly believe I should have emerged victorious. This is the start for me. I need to push myself to deliver a performance or secure a win, by knockout in future matches."
Ursua's journey in Muay Thai began in 2022, where he won gold and received the Rising Male Nak Muay Award. He did not relent and added more laurels to his successes and won the title of the silver medalist in the Muay Thai National Championships. The latest are his successes at the Visayan Leg Regional Muay Thai Championship that list his accomplishments.
Grateful for the support he has received, Ursua expressed his appreciation: "I want to thank God, my family, especially my ever-supportive papa, my coaches, and my team. Special thanks to those who supported me financially, especially Mr. Allan Quimpo, NVC President and NVC SSC, Coach Marjhun Macahilig for giving me a new pair of gloves for training, and all the people who believed in me. Last but not least, my girlfriend/partner."
As he looks ahead, Ursua stays dedicated to enhancing his skills and aiming for success, in competitions. His journey is a source of motivation, for athletes showing that with commitment and resilience even the difficult challenges can be conquered.
Article and Pubmat by: Cedrick V. Cusay BACOMM 3A
📸 Brent Lorence Roberto BSCRIM 1

Comments